Beach Schools Leader Training
What is included in your Beach Schools training
This course enables you to set up and run Beach Schools sessions in your setting. You will investigate how best to design and run a Beach School programme and look at how to approach and apply it safely and effectively.
- Two days of training with one of our highly experience Beach Schools and Forest Schools Trainers
- Your own portfolio and hand-out package
- Ongoing remote trainer support throughout your Beach Schools journey 9am-5pm, five days a week
- Participation on an internationally renowned course with the pioneers of Beach Schools Training
- All marking, accreditation and certification
- Upon completion of your qualification you will be given an Archimedes electronic badge which you can use on your future marketing materials
This qualification can be utilised independently to assure practitioners and those employing them that children’s safety is paramount and the use of the marine shores and beaches can be sustained for future generations as well as being productive in educating our children with their unique qualities and habitats.Once the course is completed, the learner will be able to understand the sustainable management of marine beach ecosystems as a learning resource through the development of understanding of the ecological structure, management methods of local marine ecosystems and be able to demonstrate how to use and teach a range of practical skills appropriate to Beach Schools to include:
- Temporary shelters using appropriate knots and resources.
- Fire lighting and beach cooking fire
- Pedagogical approaches to designing and delivering Beach School sessions
- Use effective reflective processes
- Development of Emotional Intelligence and Social Skills
- Understand the unique Health and Safety requirements for running Beach Schools.
Areas investigated are:
- Tidal forecasts
- Seasons and tides
- Fires and Landowners
- Benefits Analysis and supporting the safety of your group
- Basic good working practice procedures