HONG KONG FOREST SCHOOLS TRAINING
INSIDE A FOREST SCHOOL
Matt from Kenwood Nature Nursery in the UK explains why the Forest School ethos is so beneficial to so many young lives.
9 days of total training split into two weeks:
An initial training week of 5 days followed by an assessment week of four days which takes place 6 months later.
The journey that you undertake with us will inspire you in creating Forest School programmes that have the potential to transform the lives of the participants through long-term, outdoor experiences, and transformational learning.
Forest Schools, through nature-based communities supported by trained practitioners, nurture learner-led exploration and discovery, nurturing meaningful experiences for positive lifelong impacts.
Wellbeing is the foundation of our practice and through recognising the social, emotional and physical needs of participants we provide the guidance and facilitation for our time in nature. Through creating learner inspired experiences based on exploration and discovery, we recognise opportunities to mentor holistic growth over the course of long-term programmes.
Through nurturing the community, we create a culture based on collaboration and empathy. During the 20 to 30-week-long programmes, we create the environment through which we can encourage the development of character in the participants as well as a greater connection with nature
Your week with us will introduce the ethos, philosophy and approach of Forest Schools and provide you with both the experience and insight to understand why it can have such benefits and how we create the conditions for them.
Who is the course for?
- Anyone in a facilitating teaching or mentoring role with babies, early years, young children, adolescents, young people or NEETS.
- Anyone in social care: those responsible for mentoring young mothers, and young fathers, – families
Those in special needs forums: ASD learning disability, mental health, social care, adopters, adoptees.
- Educators – teachers, TA’s caretakers and dinner/break staff.
- Forestry and countryside workers: social forestry and educational groups.
Please note: You don’t need to have done Level 1 or 2 to join our Level 3 course. We only require that you have had past experience of working with children in any work capacity.
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT OUR TRAINING
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- You will receive training from the most experienced Forest Schools mentors in the world.
- We will provide a detailed training process towards becoming an all-round and insightful practitioner.
- We will work with you to explore the deeper ideas to be found within Forest Schools practice.
- You will receive access to our support network of trainers, practitioners and 1000+ alumni throughout and after your training.
- You will have access to our full set of resources to give you everything you need to start practising Forest Schools with guidance along the way.
Accommodation and food are available at Mui Kok Monastery for an initial fee of £50 paid direct to us (this is then donated directly to Mui Kok Monastery), plus a donation direct to the Mui Kok Monastery during your stay.
MUI KOK MONASTERY
136 Fung Kat Heung Road
(Google Maps Link)
If you would like to pay by purchase order, you may do this using the Purchase Order option at checkout, please provide and purchase order number when requested after the order has been placed.
The UK and NZ Learners Only: To help with financial management, we offer the option to pay in 6 weekly instalments through our partner Laybuy. Laybuy offers up to £720 in credit for Forest School training subject to a credit check. There is no fee for using this service.