Forest School Training - Level 1
Begin your introduction to Forest Schools with Forest Schools Education Founder, Sarah Blackwell, who will guide you through the important foundational aspects of Forest Schools and it's application to the educational environment.
Work Through The Online Video Course
Work through the video training and resource materials designed to take you through the important elements that create the Forest Schools approach.
Join Our Development Group
Join our group of Forest School experts and trainees just like yourself, ask questions, join live classes and question sessions, get free resources and videos to help you along your journey.
Who is the course for?- Anyone in a facilitating teaching or mentoring role with babies, early years, young children, adolescents, young people or NEETS.
- Anyone in social care: those responsible for mentoring young mothers, and young fathers, – families
- Those in special needs forums: ASD learning disability, mental health, social care, adopters, adoptees.
- Educators – teachers, TA’s caretakers and dinner/break staff.
- Forestry and countryside workers: social forestry and educational groups.
- Homeschoolers and Unschoolers
What will you learn?
The Foundation in Forest Schools course will introduce you to the concepts covered in greater details on the next steps of your journey, The Forest Schools Leader Training. The Level 3 Course will allow you to set up and deliver long term forest Schools Programmes, all based on up-to-date research surrounding aspects of:- Child development
- Personal development
- Educational theory
- Woodland conservation and recreation
- Innovative and therapeutic theory in the outdoors
- Risk assessments to enable safe outdoor play and education